Monday, September 17, 2012

What I Like Read...

A lot of fans like to know what their favorite authors read.  I thought I’d take a few moments to explain myself for anyone out there who is a “Guardian of the Seventh Realm” fan.



"What do you read, J.W.Baccaro, tell us what you read...?"

All right...

I write fantasy, but personally, I don’t read a whole lot of fantasy. Of course one of the King’s of fantasy for me is the famous J.R.R. Tolkien.  His “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings” just touched something inside of me and also inspired me to create my own written adventure.  Then there is C.S. Lewis’ “The Chronicles of Narnia,” which was a much faster pace (and sometimes more exciting) kind of story than Tolkien’s Middle Earth.  But I love both worlds.  And to be completely honest, probably the only other medieval-like fantasy adventure that I have read and loved is Madeline Howard’s “Rune Of Unmaking” saga.  I'm still waiting on the third book, Mrs. Howard.  :)

After those three worlds, my attention has only been drawn to Urban Fantasy stories like Susan Cooper’s “The Dark Is Rising,” or Dark Erotica like Joey W Hill’s “Vampire Queen" novels.  And of course, there are a few kick-arse science fiction stories that I love—my favorite being Octavia E Butler’s “Wild Seed.”  Occasionally I’ll try out a new fantasy (urban or medieval), sci-fi or dark erotica book, but many times I find myself growing bored with them. Perhaps I’m just not a fanatical reader.  But in regards to the books I have read and enjoyed, I, in every way, have loved them!

Any other authors out there who are like-minded?

Writing for me is also like therapy.  I’m a deep thinker, and to some extent, a philosopher.  When I’m not reading fiction, I’m reading non-fiction books about spiritualism, the universe, and/or the beliefs of many religions such as Christianity.  Lately I have been finding myself heavily interested in Near Death Experiences, and I have so many questions I would one day like answered.

In my books I try and filter out my beliefs, reasons for evil, and some of the “whys” we all ask in life.  But I also focus on morality, and doing the right thing—especially when it is projected from one’s heart, instead of vanity.

Just my thoughts for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment